Saturday, October 20, 2007

My wonderful Eid 2007

My wonderful Eid (2007)

Yay! On 1st of Syawal, all Muslim around the world will celebrate raya (eid) together after a month we had fast. Want to know how my family celebrate Eid? This year many differences had occur in my family tradition in celebrating Hari Raya. Why this is happening ? Lets find out.


A day before Raya

First of all, this year, my family didn’t made any type of kuih raya at ALL! Before this my mum must do the kuih raya at least for three types. Well, this is because my mum got chicken pox! Me, myself couldn’t help her since I came back from UNITEN two days before raya. All I can do is help mum to inspection our house that is topsy-turvy before I came home. After a very long and exhausted day, my father took me and my siblings to wan’s house (grandma’s house) at Selayang, to break our fast for the last day of Ramadhan (mum was not followed us). My maklong’s family and paklang’s family had arrived at my wan’s house before us. When we arrived, they were so busy cooked a rendang, nasi impit, kuah kacang and many more as the preparation for the Hari Raya. After breaking our fast, my sister, brothers and cousins played bunga api ( it is my family tradition ) that was “sponsored” by pakitam (he celebrate raya with his wife’s family at Johor). Suddenly my pakndak came out with a big fireworks. We all so excited to see it, except my little brother (he had phobia playing the bunga api). He was so scared until his body was shaking! My pakndak fire it and it was so beautiful, big, colorful and loud fireworks. I can not believe it just above my head! Since my little brother kept asking me when to go home, there fore my father decided to go home earlier than we used to be (another difference in my family tradition for this year).


The first day of Raya

We all get up early and we were excited to wear our new clothes. For this year my family had choose magenta color as my family’s theme for the ‘baju raya’(it is our tradition to wear the same color of clothes). After we were done, we ask apologize to each other and the most important is getting the duit raya from my mum and my father(hahaha-just kidding). Before we went to the mosque for solat sunat Eid , we had breakfast together. After that, we went to the nenek’s house (grandmother for my father side) to greet and ask apologize to each other there. About 12 o’clock , we went back to wan’s house to celebrate raya with my mum’s side of family. We do just like the same activity at nenek’s house. Another our tradition is we will gather and take a photograph together and also family by family. Maklong’s family wear a bright green of baju raya and paklang’s family wear a cheerful yellow color of baju raya. (it accidentally just like the color of traffic light when we gather together ! =D ) . For this year, we did not went to grave since my mum not really well yet (aha, another difference that occur in our tradition). For that night, we all go to the Klang to visit wan’s cousins( atok uda) and his family.

I am so thankfull to Allah because give the oppurtunity and chance to me to celebrate raya together with almost all my lovely family. We had a really great time and I hope the "bond" that bonding us will last forever!

By the way,
SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI
MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN!!!

No comments:

I will make it -SUCCESSFULLY!!

I will make it -SUCCESSFULLY!!
Impossible NOTHING!!